Departure from the city of Cusco very early in the morning in one of our vehicles. We will cross interesting inter-Andean valleys and picturesque rural communities visiting the Pre-Inca Tombs “Chullpas” of Ninamarca. At noon we will pass through Paucartambo, a typical colonial town of great importance at that time and that still retains its colonial style. Continuing the journey we will ascend to the Acjanacu pass at 3,850 meters above sea level. From here we start the descent passing through the Cloud Forest, an area very rich in endemic species such as the Spectacled Bear, Gallito de las Rocas, orchids, bromeliads, ferns, etc. Lunch on the route observing the nature and then continue until we reach our hostel Orquídeas de San Pedro where we will spend our first night comfortably installed.
Very early we will look for the interesting Cock of the Rocks, National Bird of Peru, who has a striking red-orange plumage very intense. After breakfast we continue on our bus, crossing the high jungle, arriving at the town of Pilcopata * and then continue to the port of Atalaya (600 masl), where we will have lunch, this place is located on the banks of the Alto Madre de Dios river, where our boat with outboard motor awaits us, we will board the boat that is loaded with the necessary equipment for the trip, thus starting our descent down the river where we can observe the enormous diversity of existing birds, such as herons, vultures, cormorants, etc. Until we reach our Private Reserve “Erika” where we will spend the next 2 nights. Short reconnaissance walk around.
* 1 Optional Free: From the town of Pilcopata, we will travel approx. 3 hours of canoeing (class II and III) through the tropical rivers of Kosñipata and Alto Madre de Dios, passing through the spectacular Ponñe de Koñeq where we will stop to enjoy the scenery and a swim in its crystal clear waters. It will continue until we reach our Private Reserve “Erika”.
Erika is located in the Transitional Zone between High Jungle and Lower Jungle (500 m.s. – 1,550 m.s.). After breakfast, the guide will explain the different altitudes that give rise to different habitats, as well as the high diversity of wildlife in the surroundings. After lunch, we will board our boat in which we will sail for 5 minutes to cross the river Alto Madre de Dios and walk for 30 minutes approximately through an interesting trail to observe and talk about interesting flora such as sensitive plants, heliconias, fruit plantations, etc. . until we reach the Machuwasi lagoon where we will install the telescope to observe birds such as heron, tucanetas, crestirojo carpenter, bienteveos, cardinals, etc.
We start the morning very early and we will take a short walk to appreciate some animals, after breakfast we will have time to carry out some activities, after agreement of the passengers and guides, they will also have some free time. Early in the afternoon we will dedicate our time to walk in search of wildlife in this Jungle: Possibility to do a short night walk.
* 2 Optional: New! Canopy tour: Our customers go from tree to tree and from platform to platform using harnesses on a horizontal cable with a system of lanes with which they glide at great speed on the treetops of this fabulous Amazon rainforest where they can be seen from the high avifauna diversity and others in the area. Specialized personnel will help you at all times during this exciting experience and will explain everything interesting that is observed from the moment you leave the ground until you rappel down from 30 meters high.
Very early we will board our boat in which we will sail for 10 minutes to go to the Collpa, a clay wall of the river where different species of parrots such as the blue-headed parrot, white-eyed parrot and possibly the Maracano macaw (Ara severa) among others They go down every morning to extract and lick pieces of clay that contain the minerals necessary for their dietary balance. At the end of this daily activity we return to our hostel Erika after breakfast we board the boat to the port of Atalaya, where the bus that will take us back to the city of Cusco awaits us, we have lunch on the way arriving at night.
END OF OUR SERVICES.
SUGGESTED TEAM LIST
• Binoculars Camera.
• Towel, swimwear and sandals
• Sneakers, hiking boots
• Flashlight with batteries and replacement bulbs
• Insect repellent (recommended with 40%)
• Implements personal hygiene, medicines for personal use
• Hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen
• Waterproof, light jacket, cotton pants
• Luggage backpack and small backpack
• Plastic bags, a bottle of water for the first day
Av. Nicolás de Piérola 851 Hotel Bolívar. (511) 428-5447 / (511) 427-0467
RPM: #961977314 / RPC: 980714335
Portal de Panes 123 Of. 206. (084) 243802
RPM: #961977432 / RPC: 997289208
Paseo La Breña 195 Sótano Of. 05. (064) 218437 / (064) 792161 RPM: #961977114 - #961977314 / RPC: 997289206.
Lun - Sab 8.00 - 20.00 Domingo CERRADO